Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: The mounting of my Kuro.

  1. #1
    Administrator CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,303
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 362 Times in 325 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default The mounting of my Kuro.


    I forgot I had these photos on my cell phone when I mounted my TV. The pics are pretty piss quality, but I had them so might as well post them...

    The mount is a Sanus and I highly recommend it! It was easy to mount and it's a strong build. Couldn't be happier with it. Cables are from Monoprice and I moved the electrical outlet right under my mount for easy power acces. I wasn't about to string the power cord through the wall and god forbid the house catches on fire and my insurance won't cover it (as most wouldn't).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mount.jpg   mount close up.jpg   cables.jpg   done.jpg  
    RIP STEVEN 12/26/2013

  2. #2
    Administrator CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,303
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 362 Times in 325 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loves2Watch View Post
    Excellent looking job. The wiring looks great (or doesn't show) which is ideal. Super idea about moving the electrical outlet...
    Actually it was the Directv installer who told me that! I would've never thought of not stringing the power cables through the wall because of insurance not covering it. Kudos to the installer that day!!!
    RIP STEVEN 12/26/2013

  3. #3
    Administrator CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,303
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 362 Times in 325 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loves2Watch View Post
    An installer who actually thinks, who would have known...
    No doubt!!!!

    LOL!
    Last edited by Loves2Watch; 04-04-2009 at 07:17 PM.
    RIP STEVEN 12/26/2013

  4. #4
    Super Moderator mytime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Jackson MO
    Posts
    10,436
    Thanks
    600
    Thanked 881 Times in 723 Posts
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Actually it was the Directv installer who told me that! I would've never thought of not stringing the power cables through the wall because of insurance not covering it. Kudos to the installer that day!!!
    Amazing. Insurance will cover if you pass out drunk with a lit smoke but not if you run a power cord thru the wall. BTW nice job.
    L2W you will be missed.

  5. #5
    Administrator CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,303
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 362 Times in 325 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mytime View Post
    Amazing. Insurance will cover if you pass out drunk with a lit smoke but not if you run a power cord thru the wall. BTW nice job.
    Because I guess that would be accidental? Maybe?

    Who knows, but thanks for the compliment.
    RIP STEVEN 12/26/2013

  6. #6
    Super Moderator mytime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Jackson MO
    Posts
    10,436
    Thanks
    600
    Thanked 881 Times in 723 Posts
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Because I guess that would be accidental? Maybe?

    Who knows, but thanks for the compliment.
    NP. Man that's a heavy duty vacuum you have there!
    L2W you will be missed.

  7. #7
    Administrator CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,303
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 362 Times in 325 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mytime View Post
    NP. Man that's a heavy duty vacuum you have there!
    Actually that's not my heavy duty one. I bought a Dyson last year and can't live without it! I have a pug that sheds like a beast in the summer time and it does an amazing job in sucking in his fur and everything else that's in it's path.
    RIP STEVEN 12/26/2013

  8. #8
    Give Me Back My Stapler!! Flow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Look in the Mirror
    Posts
    3,998
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 42 Times in 51 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mytime View Post
    NP. Man that's a heavy duty vacuum you have there!
    I don't know if you would call it paying attention to detail or ingnoring the system setup but mytime beat me to the indust vac comment :D:D:D
    Living Room:
    Mitsubishi WT-A42
    Dish Network VIP 622 HD-DVR
    HP BD2000 Blu-Ray Player
    Bose CineMate Series II

    Bedroom:
    Toshiba 32AV500U LCD
    Toshiba HD-A3 HD-DVD Player

  9. #9
    HDJ Platinum Club Member sawzalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cape May N.J...Southern Tip..
    Posts
    1,432
    Thanks
    256
    Thanked 92 Times in 68 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Excellent job , very clean look. Beautiful panel too..phone jack cover looks almond and the others bright white come on now..I have a lab shedding all over the place I think my vac's gonna die..one more thing,nice baseboard really nice detail , I like it.

  10. #10
    Administrator CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,303
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 362 Times in 325 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sawzalot View Post
    Excellent job , very clean look. Beautiful panel too..phone jack cover looks almond and the others bright white come on now..I have a lab shedding all over the place I think my vac's gonna die..one more thing,nice baseboard really nice detail , I like it.
    Yea, the house is 10 years old and the phone jack outlets are yellowish compared to the clean white on the new outlet plates.

    The baseboards and the details in the woodwork of the entire house are really cool. We bought this house recently and it was a foreclose, so we got a steal on it!

    Damn! Nothing gets past you guys!
    RIP STEVEN 12/26/2013

  11. #11
    To punish and enslave WhatMeWorry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Yea, the house is 10 years old and the phone jack outlets are yellowish compared to the clean white on the new outlet plates.

    The baseboards and the details in the woodwork of the entire house is really cool. We bought this house recently and it was a foreclose, so we got a steal on it!

    Damn! Nothing gets past you guys!
    Good looking place and nice clean install.
    Panasonic PT-61LCZ70
    Onkyo TX-SR604
    Paradigm Monitor 11(2), Monitor 9(2), Monitor 5(2) CC 290 Center
    REL T-3 Subwoofer
    Toshiba HD-A35 HD DVD Player
    Onkyo DV-CP802 Universal DVD Player
    Sony CDP-CX355 300 Disc CD Changer
    Dish Network ViP 622 DVR
    Panasonic DMP-BD55 Blu-ray Player

  12. #12
    Official HDJ Calibrator dsskid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,217
    Thanks
    215
    Thanked 271 Times in 185 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    I forgot I had these photos on my cell phone when I mounted my TV. The pics are pretty piss quality, but I had them so might as well post them...

    The mount is a Sanus and I highly recommend it! It was easy to mount and it's a strong build. Couldn't be happier with it. Cables are from Monoprice and I moved the electrical outlet right under my mount for easy power acces. I wasn't about to string the power cord through the wall and god forbid the house catches on fire and my insurance won't cover it (as most wouldn't).
    Nice job. And nice panel!

    After conferring with my friend who's an electrician, I did it the same way.

  13. #13
    Administrator CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,303
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 362 Times in 325 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default


    Thanks for all the compliments guys.
    RIP STEVEN 12/26/2013

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •