Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: HDMI Mechanically New & Improved *HomeTheaterMagazine

  1. #1
    FATHER TIMELESS ImRizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Eastern End of Long Island NY
    Age
    71
    Posts
    29,618
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,312 Posts
    Rep Power
    37

    Default HDMI Mechanically New & Improved *HomeTheaterMagazine


    By Mark Fleischmann April 17, 2009

    The HDMI interface is great for video and audio signal transfer, at least now that it's grown up a bit. But in a mechanical sense, it's no better today than it was at the outset. That's about to change.



    * READ: Informative article courtesy of HomeTheaterMagazine: http://www.hometheatermag.com/news/041709hdmi/

    Da Rizz........

  2. #2
    Recreational Alcohol User Ntruder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,495
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 383 Times in 278 Posts
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I don't see why this shit can't be broadcast wirelessly. Seriously, why do I need cords at all?

    Why can't my TV pick up a wirelessly transmitted digital signal from my DVR? I can take a screenshot of google streetview while standing in the middle of a forest, edit the photo, and email it to my Mom from my iphone, and you're telling me we can't figure out a way to circumvent these?

    Panasonic 65" VT60

  3. #3
    Super Moderator mytime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Jackson MO
    Posts
    10,365
    Thanks
    599
    Thanked 880 Times in 722 Posts
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ntruder View Post
    I don't see why this shit can't be broadcast wirelessly. Seriously, why do I need cords at all?

    Why can't my TV pick up a wirelessly transmitted digital signal from my DVR? I can take a screenshot of google streetview while standing in the middle of a forest, edit the photo, and email it to my Mom from my iphone, and you're telling me we can't figure out a way to circumvent these?

    Too many people making way too much money on cables for them to disappear anytime soon. JMO.
    L2W you will be missed.

  4. #4
    FATHER TIMELESS ImRizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Eastern End of Long Island NY
    Age
    71
    Posts
    29,618
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,312 Posts
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ntruder View Post
    I don't see why this shit can't be broadcast wirelessly. Seriously, why do I need cords at all?

    Why can't my TV pick up a wirelessly transmitted digital signal from my DVR? I can take a screenshot of google streetview while standing in the middle of a forest, edit the photo, and email it to my Mom from my iphone, and you're telling me we can't figure out a way to circumvent these?

    Shhhhh Monster Corp is listening......
    Sent from my Fisher Price touch&talk~using ITouchmyself II

    Sony XBR 929 ~ Sony XBR8, Denon 3311CI, Mirage V2 speakers w/S10 Sub, Oppo 93, Darbee-5000, SA8300DVR, Harmony 1100 ~

    see my toys !

  5. #5
    Will Work For Whisky nobsplease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    On The Edge (of the wet coast)
    Posts
    745
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 163 Times in 115 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default High Banwidth Wireless Digital Transmission...

    ... is going to require a pristine path and to that end I have a patent pending on the "Quantum Mega Connector".
    This revolutionary (and secret) technology utilises a proprietary Multi-Dimensional String Propagation Module at the tramsmission end and a Van Eck Phreaking Uptime Analyser for signal re-integration.
    I presently have this amazing technology in the hands of a few trusted reviewers whose finely honed sensibilities allow them to offer an opinion without resorting to the needless claptrap of measurements.
    I am also allowing a very few discerning Videophiles to beta test this revolutionary system for a modest fee. Please send a description of your system including all cabling and accessories. Preference given to anyone who has had a Tice Clock, LED cabling or has green-lighted their CD transport.
    Make a cheque in the amount of $6433.00 to:
    MoreBSPlease Inc.
    P.O. Box 4, 1234 Gotcha Ave.
    Lagos, Nigeria

    Only a privileged few will have their cheques cashed and will receive their shipment by armoured delivery service (collect). All others will have their hopes dashed and cheques returned. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator mytime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Jackson MO
    Posts
    10,365
    Thanks
    599
    Thanked 880 Times in 722 Posts
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nobsplease View Post
    ... is going to require a pristine path and to that end I have a patent pending on the "Quantum Mega Connector".
    This revolutionary (and secret) technology utilises a proprietary Multi-Dimensional String Propagation Module at the tramsmission end and a Van Eck Phreaking Uptime Analyser for signal re-integration.
    I presently have this amazing technology in the hands of a few trusted reviewers whose finely honed sensibilities allow them to offer an opinion without resorting to the needless claptrap of measurements.
    I am also allowing a very few discerning Videophiles to beta test this revolutionary system for a modest fee. Please send a description of your system including all cabling and accessories. Preference given to anyone who has had a Tice Clock, LED cabling or has green-lighted their CD transport.
    Make a cheque in the amount of $6433.00 to:
    MoreBSPlease Inc.
    P.O. Box 4, 1234 Gotcha Ave.
    Lagos, Nigeria

    Only a privileged few will have their cheques cashed and will receive their shipment by armoured delivery service (collect). All others will have their hopes dashed and cheques returned. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.
    L2W you will be missed.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    here
    Posts
    429
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    And all those people with HDMI TVs and HDMI DVD players bitched about BD being an unfinished spec...

  8. #8
    FATHER TIMELESS ImRizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Eastern End of Long Island NY
    Age
    71
    Posts
    29,618
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,312 Posts
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nobsplease View Post
    ... is going to require a pristine path and to that end I have a patent pending on the "Quantum Mega Connector".
    This revolutionary (and secret) technology utilises a proprietary Multi-Dimensional String Propagation Module at the tramsmission end and a Van Eck Phreaking Uptime Analyser for signal re-integration.
    I presently have this amazing technology in the hands of a few trusted reviewers whose finely honed sensibilities allow them to offer an opinion without resorting to the needless claptrap of measurements.
    I am also allowing a very few discerning Videophiles to beta test this revolutionary system for a modest fee. Please send a description of your system including all cabling and accessories. Preference given to anyone who has had a Tice Clock, LED cabling or has green-lighted their CD transport.
    Make a cheque in the amount of $6433.00 to:
    MoreBSPlease Inc.
    P.O. Box 4, 1234 Gotcha Ave.
    Lagos, Nigeria

    Only a privileged few will have their cheques cashed and will receive their shipment by armoured delivery service (collect). All others will have their hopes dashed and cheques returned. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.
    I've made out my check and prepared a mailing envelope but you failed to include a zip code please update your post and correct this omission so I can mail this of and be one of the Privileged few. TY
    Sent from my Fisher Price touch&talk~using ITouchmyself II

    Sony XBR 929 ~ Sony XBR8, Denon 3311CI, Mirage V2 speakers w/S10 Sub, Oppo 93, Darbee-5000, SA8300DVR, Harmony 1100 ~

    see my toys !

  9. #9
    Will Work For Whisky nobsplease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    On The Edge (of the wet coast)
    Posts
    745
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 163 Times in 115 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Fear not, Rizz. This is a crucial investigation, you are a discerning individual and to that end, I am bearing the expense of sending a research associate directly to your address.
    Do not be alarmed by his appearance, the tattoos are a device to cover scarring from a lab accident.
    Because of your stature in this community, I am making a one-time concession and allowing you to remit your token fee for the trial in cash - 20s and 50s, please - at the special rate of $6430. He should be at your door momentarily.

  10. #10
    FATHER TIMELESS ImRizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Eastern End of Long Island NY
    Age
    71
    Posts
    29,618
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,312 Posts
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nobsplease View Post
    Fear not, Rizz. This is a crucial investigation, you are a discerning individual and to that end, I am bearing the expense of sending a research associate directly to your address.
    Do not be alarmed by his appearance, the tattoos are a device to cover scarring from a lab accident.
    Because of your stature in this community, I am making a one-time concession and allowing you to remit your token fee for the trial in cash - 20s and 50s, please - at the special rate of $6430. He should be at your door momentarily.
    I'm patiently waiting, unfortunately all I have are sequentially numbered 50's & 100's, I hope this will suffice? Tell him not to worry about the unmarked Black SUV's parked nearby.
    Sent from my Fisher Price touch&talk~using ITouchmyself II

    Sony XBR 929 ~ Sony XBR8, Denon 3311CI, Mirage V2 speakers w/S10 Sub, Oppo 93, Darbee-5000, SA8300DVR, Harmony 1100 ~

    see my toys !

  11. #11
    Super Moderator hdtvjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Driving the Crazy Train
    Posts
    40,632
    Thanks
    888
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 1,230 Posts
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nobsplease View Post
    ... is going to require a pristine path and to that end I have a patent pending on the "Quantum Mega Connector".
    This revolutionary (and secret) technology utilises a proprietary Multi-Dimensional String Propagation Module at the tramsmission end and a Van Eck Phreaking Uptime Analyser for signal re-integration.
    I presently have this amazing technology in the hands of a few trusted reviewers whose finely honed sensibilities allow them to offer an opinion without resorting to the needless claptrap of measurements.
    I am also allowing a very few discerning Videophiles to beta test this revolutionary system for a modest fee. Please send a description of your system including all cabling and accessories. Preference given to anyone who has had a Tice Clock, LED cabling or has green-lighted their CD transport.
    Make a cheque in the amount of $6433.00 to:
    MoreBSPlease Inc.
    P.O. Box 4, 1234 Gotcha Ave.
    Lagos, Nigeria

    Only a privileged few will have their cheques cashed and will receive their shipment by armoured delivery service (collect). All others will have their hopes dashed and cheques returned. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.
    ROFLMAO!!! Man you put way too much thought into that!!!!!!
    Mitsubishi WD-Y57
    Directtv H-20 Receiver
    Toshiba HD-A3 HD-DVD Player
    Panasonic BD-35 Bluray Player
    Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 AVR 130w X 7
    Kenwood Surround Speakers
    Klipsch Senergy 12in Powered Subwoofer
    Sony DVP-NS575P Progressive Scan DVD Player


    C:\Users\Wes\Pictures\pictures\av-11036.gif

    R.I.P. STEVEN 12-26-2013

  12. #12
    Will Work For Whisky nobsplease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    On The Edge (of the wet coast)
    Posts
    745
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 163 Times in 115 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by hdtvjunkie View Post
    ROFLMAO!!! Man you put way too much thought into that!!!!!!
    I talk to suppliers/reps all the time and read a lot of the same articles and marketing shite you guys do. I'm surprised I have any muscle tone left in my eye muscles left after all the eye-rolling I've done over the years. The "high end" was an amazing concept. I think it's clearest articulator was J. Gordon Holt. He just didn't take any crap from the guys selling flooby dust. Hell, he even took on the guys who succeded him at Stereophile if he thought they were over the line.

    Does it actually sound better to anybody willing to pay attention?
    Is it built properly?

    Those are the only questions necessary to let anybody decide if the piece of gear in question is worth the cash you're being asked to pay. If you can't hear an improvement without indoctrination or "audiophile ears" then put your hand on your wallet and back slowly towards the door.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •