Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: iPhone 3Gs

  1. #1
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default iPhone 3Gs


    Just got the new iPhone 3Gs and sold my first generation iPhone for $130. Man, what a difference. The 3Gs is so much faster. It was worth the purchase. Of course, the new data plan is $30 rather than $20 and I also have to pay an extra $5 per month for 200 texts. Oh yeah, times 2 because I bought one for my wife too.

  2. #2
    Administrator CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,294
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 362 Times in 325 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Now we have to work on getting you a new TV.
    RIP STEVEN 12/26/2013

  3. #3
    ADMIN|OWNER BUYLONGTERM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,746
    Thanks
    548
    Thanked 673 Times in 381 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
    Just got the new iPhone 3Gs and sold my first generation iPhone for $130. Man, what a difference. The 3Gs is so much faster. It was worth the purchase. Of course, the new data plan is $30 rather than $20 and I also have to pay an extra $5 per month for 200 texts. Oh yeah, times 2 because I bought one for my wife too.
    My son just got one (had the first gen as well), He loves it! I want one so bad, but having my company pay for my Blackberry for 10 years, I do NOT want a cell phone bill.

    How are things with you Joe?
    R.I.P. Loves2Watch
    DISPLAYS
    Pioneer Elite Pro151FD
    Pioneer Kuro 5020FD
    Samsung LN4065F
    Panasonic TC-P65VT60
    Panasonic TC-P55GT50

    CAMERA GEAR
    Canon 5D III
    35L 1.4
    70-200L 2.8 IS MK II
    100L Macro 2.8 IS
    Speedlite 580 EX II
    Website: (Still under construction)

    Instagram FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

  4. #4
    sensational M80 the Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    291
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 40 Times in 35 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Like Buylongterm already said, I have the new phone. It's awesome. Let's put it this way. It's a much bigger step from the 1st gen -> 3rd gen instead of the 2nd gen -> 3rd gen. Personally, I don't really see the need to upgrade if you have the 2nd gen. The main improvement is speed. Safari and Apps load a hell of a lot quicker, and the whole phone runs a lot more smoothly. The video camera is a nice little addition too.

    In my case, yes it was a huge upgrade, but for people who have he 3G, I don't see the need to upgrade, unless you're desperately seeking a phone to hold 32G worth of crap.

  5. #5
    ADMIN|OWNER BUYLONGTERM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,746
    Thanks
    548
    Thanked 673 Times in 381 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howling Hawk View Post
    Like Buylongterm already said, I have the new phone. It's awesome. Let's put it this way. It's a much bigger step from the 1st gen -> 3rd gen instead of the 2nd gen -> 3rd gen. Personally, I don't really see the need to upgrade if you have the 2nd gen. The main improvement is speed. Safari and Apps load a hell of a lot quicker, and the whole phone runs a lot more smoothly. The video camera is a nice little addition too.

    In my case, yes it was a huge upgrade, but for people who have he 3G, I don't see the need to upgrade, unless you're desperately seeking a phone to hold 32G worth of crap.
    Great little review!!! Thanks! (he's just rubbing it in, cause he knows how bad I want one)
    R.I.P. Loves2Watch
    DISPLAYS
    Pioneer Elite Pro151FD
    Pioneer Kuro 5020FD
    Samsung LN4065F
    Panasonic TC-P65VT60
    Panasonic TC-P55GT50

    CAMERA GEAR
    Canon 5D III
    35L 1.4
    70-200L 2.8 IS MK II
    100L Macro 2.8 IS
    Speedlite 580 EX II
    Website: (Still under construction)

    Instagram FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

  6. #6
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    128
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Yeah, i think it's about time i upgrade to the new one as well, i have the 1st Gen.

    I'll buy it after i buy my new G10.

  7. #7
    HDJ Platinum Club Member Disco Batman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,091
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked 572 Times in 430 Posts
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Love the iPhone I'm just rocking a 3G, had the original upgraded when I broke it, nice for only $99.

    I sure wish it wasn't on ATT though, I can't stand the service, and the cost of use. Would love to have it on Sprint's 99 dollar simply everything plan.

  8. #8
    Dependent HD User SimonG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom-Manchester
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,161
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 76 Times in 61 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    No doubt the 3GS is a killer phone but i still think there is plenty more improvements they can make yet. A 5 or 8 megapixel camera would off been nice as would an OLED screen! The Iphone UI is still the best around though.
    Phillips 37" LCD 720p/1080i
    Sony BDP-S350
    Sony BDP-S300
    Toshiba XDE-500 DVD player
    Onkyo TX-SR606 7.1 AVR KEF1005.2 speakers
    Latest HD movies bought - The Box - Heroes Season 1 and 2 - Pulp Fiction
    169 Blu-rays

  9. #9
    Give Me Back My Stapler!! Flow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Look in the Mirror
    Posts
    3,998
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 42 Times in 51 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimonG View Post
    No doubt the 3GS is a killer phone but i still think there is plenty more improvements they can make yet. A 5 or 8 megapixel camera would off been nice as would an OLED screen! The Iphone UI is still the best around though.
    I must agree on the UI Si. it is awesome. I still feel like the iphone is a home user device not full bus ready yet.

    BLT packs a blackberry because his place of employment has a RIM server, and until; apple comes out with that, they wont top the bus. market. IMO!!!!:D:D
    Living Room:
    Mitsubishi WT-A42
    Dish Network VIP 622 HD-DVR
    HP BD2000 Blu-Ray Player
    Bose CineMate Series II

    Bedroom:
    Toshiba 32AV500U LCD
    Toshiba HD-A3 HD-DVD Player

  10. #10
    HDJ Platinum Club Member tele1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom.
    Posts
    1,261
    Thanks
    625
    Thanked 235 Times in 152 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default


    I will shortly be visiting Florida (Disney World area) from the UK and i would be interested in purchasing a JailBroke IPhone, can anyone recommend an outlet and give me an idea of prices.

    Cheers
    Barry

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •