Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Panny 4000 vs Epson 8500

  1. #1
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Panny 4000 vs Epson 8500


    I need help, please. Can I get some opinions on choices between the new Panasonic PT-AE4000 and the Epsom 8500 (neither are actually available yet, but hopefully soon!) Currently using the PT-AE1000 and happy, but ready to upgrade.

    Thanks,

    Neal

  2. #2
    Administrator CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,298
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 362 Times in 325 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drnbn View Post
    I need help, please. Can I get some opinions on choices between the new Panasonic PT-AE4000 and the Epsom 8500 (neither are actually available yet, but hopefully soon!) Currently using the PT-AE1000 and happy, but ready to upgrade.

    Thanks,

    Neal
    I don't know much about Epson products. Hopefully someone can help you out.
    RIP STEVEN 12/26/2013

  3. #3
    Miley's #1 Penetrator AxGates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Center for troubled female youth
    Posts
    4,087
    Thanks
    422
    Thanked 490 Times in 399 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I don't have any experience with Panasonic projectors, but I can tell you from viewing 2 different Epson Home Cinema series projectors in colleagues homes, that they have great image quality, and are very well built by folks who really care about the tech.
    My Music Page
    Follow Ax on Twitter

    Do not disassemble, No 5. Alive!!!!
    Live Long and Phosphor.... Ax is a PIMP!! Quote the War never more ....


    Toshiba 40RV525R: F/W: 036
    Panasonic DMP-BD60: F/W: 2.5
    Dish Network ViP211k
    Sony HT-DDW740 HTIB
    Monoprice Cables

  4. #4
    SuperMod For eternity! Loves2Watch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Previously known as Digital Doctor
    Posts
    3,139
    Thanks
    142
    Thanked 778 Times in 531 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I own and use a Panasonic AE3000 and it is a killer projector...The 4000 is supposed to be better if that's even possible.
    It's always time for pie
    Live everyday as if it was your last and plan on living forever...

  5. #5
    Administrator CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,298
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 362 Times in 325 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDoctor View Post
    I own and use a Panasonic AE3000 and it is a killer projector...The 4000 is supposed to be better if that's even possible.
    My immediate reaction to the post was the Panny 4000 will probably be the choice I'd make, but I don't know enough about the Epson to say for sure. I just know that Panny's have rec'd mega praise.
    RIP STEVEN 12/26/2013

  6. #6
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I thank you all for your replies!

    Neal

  7. #7
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have installed 2 Epson's; a 1080UB & recently 6500UB. Both are great PJ's. The 1080UB was used with a 161" screen and I did not expect it to look very good due to screen size & the fact I considered the Epson an entry level PJ, but it had a great picture with Blu-Ray not so good with standard DVD's and good with HD Satellite source. He has had it for a year now and really loves it. The 6500UB my brother just purchased and it has to be one of the best- if not THE best PJ I have seen for $2500 and that price I think included an extra bulb. If there is a better PJ under $2500 I honestly have not seen it. His screen was 92" and recently he upgraded to 121" screen and on both screens the 6500UB is great. I am a HT dealer through AVAD and Epson is not a brand I have access to, but I have no problem suggesting these 2 models. I do not know much about the new model, but the specs look great.
    Paradigm Studio 60's
    Platine Noiree 4421 Center
    Platine Noiree 2421 Diople R.S.
    Paradigm Studio 20's (height)
    Earthquake Image 846X Rear
    Cinenova Grande 5 ch amp (320w ch)
    Cinenova Grande 3 ch amp (320w ch)
    Supernova MKV 15" subs (2)
    166" Draper CinemaScope screen
    JCV DLA-RS35
    Panamorph anamorphic lens
    Onkyo TX-NR5007
    Pioneer Elite DV-59AVI DVD
    PS3
    Apple TV
    Dish HD
    DIRECTV HD
    Panamax M5400-pm
    Middle Atlantic slide out rack

  8. #8
    SuperMod For eternity! Loves2Watch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Previously known as Digital Doctor
    Posts
    3,139
    Thanks
    142
    Thanked 778 Times in 531 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I will be getting my hands on a AE 4000 next week for testing and review. Until I can post my assessment, look here "Since the AE4000's picture quality not only surpasses the competitors in its price range, but rivals and in some cases exceeds that of "high-end" models selling for five times the price or more, it warrants a solid 5 stars for performance. Since it has more features than any other home theater projector ever built, 5 stars is not even enough to illustrate its distinction in this category. Similarly, its ease of use is unrivaled-perfect color calibration out of the box in Cinema 1 mode, smart menus that are easy to navigate, lens memory to accommodate 2.40 super widescreen without an anamophic lens-no other projector has all of these things, and most have none of them."

    Link - http://www.projectorcentral.com/pana...tor_review.htm
    It's always time for pie
    Live everyday as if it was your last and plan on living forever...

  9. #9
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDoctor View Post
    I will be getting my hands on a AE 4000 next week for testing and review. Until I can post my assessment, look here "Since the AE4000's picture quality not only surpasses the competitors in its price range, but rivals and in some cases exceeds that of "high-end" models selling for five times the price or more, it warrants a solid 5 stars for performance. Since it has more features than any other home theater projector ever built, 5 stars is not even enough to illustrate its distinction in this category. Similarly, its ease of use is unrivaled-perfect color calibration out of the box in Cinema 1 mode, smart menus that are easy to navigate, lens memory to accommodate 2.40 super widescreen without an anamophic lens-no other projector has all of these things, and most have none of them."

    Link - http://www.projectorcentral.com/pana...tor_review.htm

    Some people consider PC to be pimping Panasonic projectors all the time. I have no opinion since I haven't seen one but at this price point the AE4000 is at the top of my list for projector upgrade. I was all set to buy the JVC RS20 but I am having a hard time justifying it's price tag after I saw the AE4000's price. Can't wait for your review.

  10. #10
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Just outside Chicago (Indiana)
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 392 Times in 207 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I would take the JVC 550 over a RS20 at this point.

  11. #11
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joerod View Post
    I would take the JVC 550 over a RS20 at this point.
    I was really bothered by the over saturated colors of the RS2. If the colors are the same in RS15, then this PJ is not my cup of tea.

  12. #12
    League Of Shadows Smarty-pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    40
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default


    LOL... how did we go from 2-$3000 PJs to $10000 PJs?

    Joe, you're not only a hardware slut, but a forum slut too?:D... j/k.

    As for the Panny 4000, many including myself are waiting for Art's review.
    PJC tends to greatly favor LCD and Panasonic, but at the same time they still give decent reviews. I'd trust Art's review a lot more.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •