werthliving.com


Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 1091

Thread: Official Panasonic TC-PXXVT30 Calibration Discussion

  1. #821
    HDJ Platinum Club Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    391
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Official Panasonic TC-PXXVT30 Calibration Discussion

    werthliving.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbe View Post
    what absence haha.. he just posted 13 hours ago
    In Gotchaa time, that like a week for everybody else.

    Just kidding Gotchaa. Hope its going well.

  2. #822
    Casual HD User Orso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 40 Times in 25 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Official Panasonic TC-PXXVT30 Calibration Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbe View Post
    what absence haha.. he just posted 13 hours ago
    13 Hours ??!!! Someone plz call 911 !

  3. #823
    HDJ Platinum Club Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    391
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Official Panasonic TC-PXXVT30 Calibration Discussion

    ........anyone heard anything?

  4. #824
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Portland
    Age
    37
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Official Panasonic TC-PXXVT30 Calibration Discussion

    Love how this thread is silent because one person is proofreading a final product for quasi "accurate" calibration. Nice they're fixing one of two problems, im sure the decoding will never really be addressed, otherwise they couldn't sell us next years product line, or boast about the improvements to last years line up. A fun consumer game we all get played.
    And remember, anything that arrives on the consumer market, has existed for years before our little communiqués can nit pick them, they give us flawed products for a reason.....something to look forward to.
    TC-P55VT30/TC-P60ST50/OPPO BDP-93/Yamaha RX-V671/Angstrom Omega28's/JAMO Center200/Bose 161's/Velodyne CHT-12

  5. #825
    HDJ Platinum Club Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,683
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 482 Times in 413 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Official Panasonic TC-PXXVT30 Calibration Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by j.module View Post
    Love how this thread is silent because one person is proofreading a final product for quasi "accurate" calibration. Nice they're fixing one of two problems, im sure the decoding will never really be addressed, otherwise they couldn't sell us next years product line, or boast about the improvements to last years line up. A fun consumer game we all get played.
    And remember, anything that arrives on the consumer market, has existed for years before our little communiqués can nit pick them, they give us flawed products for a reason.....something to look forward to.
    Apparently they can't full resolve the color-decoding issues with the existing processing hardware. That's a more plausible explanation to me than a marketing conspiracy theory. Most likely this goes back to engineering decisions made to make cost targets. Speculation, but based on experience.

  6. #826
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Portland
    Age
    37
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Official Panasonic TC-PXXVT30 Calibration Discussion

    And the hundreds of thousands poured into R&D? You think someone would have a descent meter and enough experience to say this isn't right. No disrespect to any of the calibrators, but why are people outside of the umbrella of a corporation identifying problems and assisting with "fixes", are there no engineers at Panasonic with ISF, THX or an equivalent certification? Why mass produce something thats has issues that cant be resolved through software? The FBr was another swing and a miss, wheres the oversight and rigorous testing?
    I find it hard to believe it just slipped by or they thought no one would notice.
    Love that ol' "good enough mentality ".
    TC-P55VT30/TC-P60ST50/OPPO BDP-93/Yamaha RX-V671/Angstrom Omega28's/JAMO Center200/Bose 161's/Velodyne CHT-12

  7. #827
    HDJ Platinum Club Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,683
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 482 Times in 413 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Official Panasonic TC-PXXVT30 Calibration Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by j.module View Post
    And the hundreds of thousands poured into R&D? You think someone would have a descent meter and enough experience to say this isn't right. No disrespect to any of the calibrators, but why are people outside of the umbrella of a corporation identifying problems and assisting with "fixes", are there no engineers at Panasonic with ISF, THX or an equivalent certification? Why mass produce something thats has issues that cant be resolved through software? The FBr was another swing and a miss, wheres the oversight and rigorous testing?
    I find it hard to believe it just slipped by or they thought no one would notice.
    Love that ol' "good enough mentality ".
    What will it cost to make this better, or right, versus what we need to do in other areas? (Plenty of people care more about the YouTube app than any of this picture-quality stuff.) The intersection of marketing and engineering -- a capitalist enterprise, not a cadre of videophiles on a mission from God. If you want to be really cynical, you could say that they're trying to maintain the brand image while losing as little money as possible in the process. That's pretty much the TV business for big companies. That Panasonic is willing to address this stuff now, at all, when it will be announcing new product in a month or so, should say something, I think. Just sayin'.

  8. #828
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Official Panasonic TC-PXXVT30 Calibration Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by MDRiggs View Post
    What will it cost to make this better, or right, versus what we need to do in other areas? (Plenty of people care more about the YouTube app than any of this picture-quality stuff.) The intersection of marketing and engineering -- a capitalist enterprise, not a cadre of videophiles on a mission from God. If you want to be really cynical, you could say that they're trying to maintain the brand image while losing as little money as possible in the process. That's pretty much the TV business for big companies. That Panasonic is willing to address this stuff now, at all, when it will be announcing new product in a month or so, should say something, I think. Just sayin'.

    I agree. The TV business is not a business I would ever want to be in. Razor thin margins, tremendous competition, technical obsolescence, Chinese competition, short product cycles, just to name a few. I'm just thankful that the likes of Panasonic, Sony, LG, Samsung and others are staying in the business and beating each other to death with the consumer as the beneficiary. If I were the CFO of any of these companies, I would look long and hard about exiting the business altogether. As a consumer, I appreciate these companies very much. As financial guy, I wonder how long they'll keep it up when there is no money to be made in this business. Just my 2 cents

  9. #829
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Portland
    Age
    37
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Official Panasonic TC-PXXVT30 Calibration Discussion

    I concur.
    They should be applauded for their fbr fix, I've had my Aboard swapped, I think the Fbr was a serious issue for me, however ive spent more time than id care to remember attempting to get accurate flesh tones. Would love to think there is something that may be done before they scrap the vt30 for the 35. Im certainly glad someone is doing something, I just hope it will have a reasonable outcome. Im not a hardcore videophile or audiophile, but i've spent a decent chunk of change and time to get my audio system aligned to my preference, I have a thing for symmetry and spacial balance, accurate color display and contrast. Maybe Im just a picky bitch who's too smart for his own good.
    TC-P55VT30/TC-P60ST50/OPPO BDP-93/Yamaha RX-V671/Angstrom Omega28's/JAMO Center200/Bose 161's/Velodyne CHT-12

  10. #830
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Portland
    Age
    37
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Official Panasonic TC-PXXVT30 Calibration Discussion

    For the record my Wife is sick of seeing the settings menu's on this tv, especially when she's in the midst of a gripping drama.
    TC-P55VT30/TC-P60ST50/OPPO BDP-93/Yamaha RX-V671/Angstrom Omega28's/JAMO Center200/Bose 161's/Velodyne CHT-12

  11. #831
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Official Panasonic TC-PXXVT30 Calibration Discussion

    ahh just let her be. She'll be alright

  12. #832
    HDJ Platinum Club Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    391
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Official Panasonic TC-PXXVT30 Calibration Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by j.module View Post
    And the hundreds of thousands poured into R&D? You think someone would have a descent meter and enough experience to say this isn't right. No disrespect to any of the calibrators, but why are people outside of the umbrella of a corporation identifying problems and assisting with "fixes", are there no engineers at Panasonic with ISF, THX or an equivalent certification? Why mass produce something thats has issues that cant be resolved through software? The FBr was another swing and a miss, wheres the oversight and rigorous testing?
    I find it hard to believe it just slipped by or they thought no one would notice.
    Love that ol' "good enough mentality ".
    Whatever the reason for this year's problems, you pretty much have to accept that it is what it is. ....and who's to say that next year will necessarily be any better. Haven't we heard this song before?

    Consider it a lessen learned to not buy any of this stuff until creditable calibrators who don't have a vested interest in pumping the sale of displays(not all calibrators) have had time to give them a thorough going over.

  13. #833
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    198
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked 90 Times in 39 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Official Panasonic TC-PXXVT30 Calibration Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by JimP View Post
    Whatever the reason for this year's problems, you pretty much have to accept that it is what it is. ....and who's to say that next year will necessarily be any better. Haven't we heard this song before?

    Consider it a lessen learned to not buy any of this stuff until creditable calibrators who don't have a vested interest in pumping the sale of displays(not all calibrators) have had time to give them a thorough going over.
    Yes we've heard this song every year. It kept me on the sidelines waiting for a set that "passed muster" for over 2 years. I finally could wait no longer and got the VT30 after passing on both the VT20 and VT10. I think it will all work out OK if they can just get this fix out and I can dial in the flesh tones a little better. Will the decoder be perfect, no. Will it be easier to tweak to acceptability, I sure hope so. In the end, if Panasonic delivers this fix and it allows easier calibration of skin tones on the VT30, I'll be happy with both the product and service for the year.

    -Jim
    patiently waiting :-)

  14. #834
    HDJ Platinum Club Member RichB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    1,586
    Thanks
    935
    Thanked 277 Times in 194 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Official Panasonic TC-PXXVT30 Calibration Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by heckheck View Post
    Yes we've heard this song every year. It kept me on the sidelines waiting for a set that "passed muster" for over 2 years. I finally could wait no longer and got the VT30 after passing on both the VT20 and VT10. I think it will all work out OK if they can just get this fix out and I can dial in the flesh tones a little better. Will the decoder be perfect, no. Will it be easier to tweak to acceptability, I sure hope so. In the end, if Panasonic delivers this fix and it allows easier calibration of skin tones on the VT30, I'll be happy with both the product and service for the year.

    -Jim
    patiently waiting :-)
    I agree with this sentiment. I do feel that Panasonic has been much better at customer support as we can see with the FBr fix.
    The color fix firmware is needed. I also am waiting.
    Patience is not something that comes naturally to me

    - Rich

  15. #835
    HDJ Platinum Club Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,683
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 482 Times in 413 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Official Panasonic TC-PXXVT30 Calibration Discussion

    The other thing that has to be considered, I think, is the extent to which color decoding errors may be intentional. Historically, accurate color decoding has been the exception rather than the rule in consumer displays. Presumably this has been to produce an image thought to be more broadly appealing (red push, green push, etc.), or maybe even to produce an image that gives a distinctive look to a company's line versus the competition. I don't know. But the wait for perfection can be a long one!

  16. #836
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    453
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 137 Times in 91 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Official Panasonic TC-PXXVT30 Calibration Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by MDRiggs View Post
    The other thing that has to be considered, I think, is the extent to which color decoding errors may be intentional. Historically, accurate color decoding has been the exception rather than the rule in consumer displays. Presumably this has been to produce an image thought to be more broadly appealing (red push, green push, etc.), or maybe even to produce an image that gives a distinctive look to a company's line versus the competition. I don't know. But the wait for perfection can be a long one!
    Ah, the appeal of sunburned faces and green skin tones!

    I'll never understand this logic if true. I want faces on my television to look like they do in real life, or at least how the director intended them to look!

  17. #837
    More 3D Please Tyler Pruitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 32 Times in 22 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbe View Post
    yes, sounds like a cable issue (unless you plugged the 3.5mm to DB9 adapter into the wrong connector on the VT30 - it has happened)....

    The first thing you should check is Power On and Off using the buttons in ControlCAL.

    Do you know what type of serial cable you were using on this specific VT30 Tyler?

    EDIT: I just tried a VT30 with 2.20 and ControlCAL - had no issues with Serial (I couldn't remember if the last time I did if it had 2.20).
    I just calibrated another VT30 last night running 2.20 using ControlCal V2 build 112, it worked perfect!
    Tyler Pruitt - Bionic AV
    THX Certified Video Calibrator
    http://www.BionicAV.com

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyler Pruitt For This Useful Post:

    Turbe (11-19-2011)

  19. #838
    ---> Me <---
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    10N 61W
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Official Panasonic TC-PXXVT30 Calibration Discussion

    Can some one step me through the process of copying the ISF Day / Night settings to my remaining HDMI inputs? Additionally are calibrated settings kept per resolution? 720p vs 1080i ve 1080p?

  20. #839
    HDJ Platinum Club Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    391
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Official Panasonic TC-PXXVT30 Calibration Discussion

    Gotchaa......still alive??

  21. #840
    HDJ Platinum Club Member RichB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    1,586
    Thanks
    935
    Thanked 277 Times in 194 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Official Panasonic TC-PXXVT30 Calibration Discussion


    Quote Originally Posted by JimP View Post
    Gotchaa......still alive??
    I sure hope the new firmware doesn't cause seizures

    - Rich

Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •