Some Important A Board Install Findings:
I took before/after pictures of the service menu values when getting my A board replaced. Interestingly, the tech actually did the same for some reason. The tech indicated that the only value which should change is the PDP EEP number (that's what he was checking for), and he was correct. Only the PDP EEP changed on my 65" VT30 and the value went from 84.44 to 84.46 after the update.
Now, for the bad news for those getting A boards replaced...
All of the red/blue/green drives in the service menu which balance greyscale will differ from your original values after the A board update (at least this was the case for me). As I understand it, each display has the same initial values for the Cool/Normal/Warm color temperatures in the service menu when it is first assembled. At the factory, each display then undergoes a quick/rough calibration to account for panel variances. For example, this might result in a blue drive value of "70" on my display and a value of "65" on yours, but the end result should yield roughly the same measured/visible color temp.
After my A board replacement, my service menu drive values not only differed from my calibrated values (personal calibration - not pro), they differed (SIGNIFICANTLY) from the original factory values that I had recorded. While I certainly wasn't impressed with the factory greyscale calibration, the values on the new A board appear to be default values before each display gets it's rough factory calibration and were quite different than the values my display shipped with. I would expect this to yield worse than out-of-the-box results for anyone who doesn't get/do a greyscale calibration after receiving a new A board.
I've since restored my calibrated settings in the service menu and the picture now looks visually about the same as it did before installing the new A board. I'll measure it tonight with a meter to see if anything needs to be tweaked slightly. UPDATE: the measured results were very, very close after transferring my settings over to the new A board just as I suspected.
And of course, as many have reported already, FBr now appears to be pretty much gone after some minimal testing I've done! I've used the extremely problematic Casino Royale Montenegro external train shot as well as some shots around the 30 minute mark on 127 Hours and things are looking much better than before. While I can still see the slightest hint of FBr at certain contrast settings on some of the more problematic scenes (and I mean the SLIGHTEST hint, which I'd have never noticed if I didn't go looking for it on a scene which previously had bad FBr), this is a huge improvement and enough to call the problem 'fixed' for me!