Well - I did it. I just ordered some bookshelf speakers. Taking a flyer on these medium tier KEF speakers. Can't afford to switch center speaker yet - gonna have to live with my Klipsch for a while.
Here is a little info on them...
- A newly engineered Uni-Q driver (size dependent on model)
- Brand new bass drivers featuring rigid new aluminium cone technology
- 30% more cabinet space for increased bass performance
- Newly engineered, gold plated bi-wire terminals
- Bookshelf models include a wall mounting bracket hook
- Paper wood veneer available in three finishes
• Two way bass reflex bookshelf
• 6.5" aluminum Uni-Q driver
• 1" vented aluminum dome HF
• Frequency response: 42Hz - 40kHz
• Amp requirements: 15-120W
• Measurements: 14" x 8.3" x 11.9"
Actually, I'm pretty excited. Been doing a lot of research and these kept coming to the top of my list. If I don't like them - I'll just return them. I think I will like them. My plan is to mount them onto the wall and gain some space, then move my sub to the front of the room. Should make a big difference. Then, I'll sell my Klipsch towers and my Klipsch sub as a package I hope...