Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Infinity Kappa Center Channel Dilemma

  1. #1
    HDJ Platinum Club Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Miami,, Florida
    Age
    53
    Posts
    372
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 75 Times in 68 Posts
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Infinity Kappa Center Channel Dilemma


    I purchased a BDI Avion Noire 8937 TV stand. I have Infinity Kappa 8.1 Tower speakers as well as an Infinity center channel. The only way the center channel will fit is to totally leave out the middle top drawer of the stand. The other option is to buy a new center channel. Any recommendations keeping in mind I still have the Infinity Kappa towers?
    Family Room
    Samsung PND648000
    Denon avr891
    Oppo 93 3d-Blu Ray Player
    2 DirecTv HR24 Satellite Receivers
    Playstation 3 (Phat)
    Logitech Harmony 900
    Infinity Kappa 8.1 Front Tower Speakers
    Infinity RS-12 Center Channel
    Axiom Audio QS8 (Quadpolar) Rear Surrounds
    Velodyne 12 inch Subwoofer

  2. #2
    Administrator CALIBER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Olympia Washington
    Posts
    3,533
    Thanks
    1,225
    Thanked 524 Times in 433 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    If that is the matching center to your tower's I wouldn't let anything comprise the use of it. I would do what ever I could to get the center channel properly placed. I mean unless you have the serious case of the upgrade bug, just place it where the drawer should go.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to CALIBER For This Useful Post:

    j4quattro (04-23-2011)

  4. #3
    HDJ Platinum Club Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Miami,, Florida
    Age
    53
    Posts
    372
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 75 Times in 68 Posts
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I knew the answer but was looking for confirmation.
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by caliberconst. View Post
    If that is the matching center to your tower's I wouldn't let anything comprise the use of it. I would do what ever I could to get the center channel properly placed. I mean unless you have the serious case of the upgrade bug, just place it where the drawer should go.
    Family Room
    Samsung PND648000
    Denon avr891
    Oppo 93 3d-Blu Ray Player
    2 DirecTv HR24 Satellite Receivers
    Playstation 3 (Phat)
    Logitech Harmony 900
    Infinity Kappa 8.1 Front Tower Speakers
    Infinity RS-12 Center Channel
    Axiom Audio QS8 (Quadpolar) Rear Surrounds
    Velodyne 12 inch Subwoofer

  5. #4
    Administrator CALIBER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Olympia Washington
    Posts
    3,533
    Thanks
    1,225
    Thanked 524 Times in 433 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I do the same thing, it's nice to have positive re enforcement. Can you mount the speaker above the display?

  6. #5
    SuperMod For eternity! Loves2Watch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Previously known as Digital Doctor
    Posts
    3,139
    Thanks
    142
    Thanked 778 Times in 531 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caliberconst. View Post
    I do the same thing, it's nice to have positive re enforcement. Can you mount the speaker above the display?
    That was going to be my question. Mount it above the display and aim it towards the listeners ears.
    It's always time for pie
    Live everyday as if it was your last and plan on living forever...

  7. #6
    HDJ Platinum Club Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Miami,, Florida
    Age
    53
    Posts
    372
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 75 Times in 68 Posts
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    No that really wouldn't work in my setup. I am pretty convinced I will stick with my current center channel and do away with the drawer. Removing the drawer and putting the center channel in the top middle area without the drawer is actually an option given in the instructions. I wasn't sure I liked that look. I think I preferred the closed drawer with the mesh front but I think this will be ok once I get accustomed to it.
    Family Room
    Samsung PND648000
    Denon avr891
    Oppo 93 3d-Blu Ray Player
    2 DirecTv HR24 Satellite Receivers
    Playstation 3 (Phat)
    Logitech Harmony 900
    Infinity Kappa 8.1 Front Tower Speakers
    Infinity RS-12 Center Channel
    Axiom Audio QS8 (Quadpolar) Rear Surrounds
    Velodyne 12 inch Subwoofer

  8. #7
    SuperMod For eternity! Loves2Watch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Previously known as Digital Doctor
    Posts
    3,139
    Thanks
    142
    Thanked 778 Times in 531 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by j4quattro View Post
    No that really wouldn't work in my setup. I am pretty convinced I will stick with my current center channel and do away with the drawer. Removing the drawer and putting the center channel in the top middle area without the drawer is actually an option given in the instructions. I wasn't sure I liked that look. I think I preferred the closed drawer with the mesh front but I think this will be ok once I get accustomed to it.
    That would be the best solution and after a while you won't even notice it.
    It's always time for pie
    Live everyday as if it was your last and plan on living forever...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •